The trip FROM HELL!!!


This past weekend my family and I decided to take an impromptu trip to Atlanta, Georgia. Now, I love reading and looking at pictures of travel and people's adventures on social media. It's soooo inspiring and makes me want to live those sorts of experiences. So we naively booked a hotel in Atlanta and immediately started fantasizing about all the cozy cafes we'd eat in, beautiful parks we would hit up and any other adventurey types of things you see on the internet. Getting there was a HUGE hassle. We drove for almost 7 hours, hitting traffic in the middle for a really long time. It was excruciating...to sit there without inching for an hour. OH. GOD. the last time I saw a bottle neck like that was when i lived in New York. Upon reaching Georgia, it was truly the trip from hell we were not anticipating. The hotel we booked was overflowing with guests coming in and out. And...there was no parking left. So we had to park a block away and across the street. I already wanted to go home. We were so exhausted that we decided to just eat something within walking distance. No fancy night outing or restaurants out in the city. It was just too frustrating. I really did just want to turn back at this point and go home. but we already booked a hotel and didnt want to waste money. We went to a pizza and pasta restaurant around the corner and the service was just terrible. My pasta was served burnt. Yep. We honestly had no time to do anything since were leaving tomorrow. we hopped in the car around 11am the next orning so that we could get onto our 7 hour ride home. Again...bottleneck traffic. It was an excruciating trip and i kind of saw it as the biggest waste of my precious weekend time. Why am I telling all this? Welp, because I think its about time we de-glam this whole idea that social media, the internet, and maybe even tv commercials give us...that travel is smooth and beautiful. Not at all! I've learnt a valuable lesson here that has stripped the vanity, pulled the lid off of something I thought was a very glamorous and cool thing. Travel is unpredictable and oh so messy. You feel dirty and smelly, you have to sit in the same vehicle ( whether that's a car or airplane) for a prolonged amount of time, and you just dont always get the kind of food your looking for depending on where you go. Recovering form this trip took a day. I had to rest and recuperate and I was just so darn happy to be home when i actually got home. I reveled in my own bathroom, living room, and I hugged and squeezed my cat so hard! I really appreciated having my space all over again. We're trying it again even after this disaster of a mini-vacation. Next weekend we are going to a place 3 hours away WITHIN the state we live in...hahahha... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VULNERABILITY.